Saturday, May 16, 2009

ATHEIST HAVE NO FUN



ATHEIST HAVE NO FUN

Susan is my sister-in-law who works in a very successful computer software company in America. She has lived in San Francisco since 1988. Despite her long stay there, she admits to a hard time adjusting to the American culture, particularly that side which persecutes Christianity.

A couple of Decembers ago, some of her officemates said “Susan, we know you mean well. But we prefer you greet us ‘Happy Holidays’ to Merry Christmas.” Susan’s bewilderment led them to explain, “You see some people here are offended by the words ‘Merry Christmas’ because of the word Christ in it. It’s not a politically correct greeting.”

Time passed and her officemate Kathy, an avowed Atheist, made a mistake in the payroll. She’s a very outspoken person in charge of accounting. She’s the kind of woman who wouldn’t hesitate to engage in a debate to prove there is no God.

Susan got her pay envelope, and immediately noticed something amiss. The pay was a few hundred bucks short, which had never happened before. So she went straight to Kathy asking for an explanation.

At first Kathy couldn’t believe she made a mistake. But as Kathy reviewed the payroll sheet, Susan noticed that her eyes opened wide. In no time at all, Kathy was in shock and was panicking. She did make a mistake: a major one that would cause the company to lose thousands of dollars. The ore intense she was at concentrating on her papers, the more amused Susan was with watching her.

She audibly murmured, “Oh my God… oh my God… oh my God.” She knew what that mistake meant – it would cost her job. That was when Susan with a naughty smile on the lips, interrupted Kathy saying, “But Kathy, I thought you did not believe in God. So why are you calling Him?”

Kathy straightened up but offered no apology. Then she looked back at her papers, “Oh my… oh me… oh my… oh me…” and the fear continued. It’s sad, isn’t it? People refuse to acknowledge the existence of God, have no one else to turn to but themselves – a pitiful substitute – during inevitable times of need.

An atheist was spending a quiet day fishing when suddenly his boat was attacked by the Loch Ness monster. In one easy flip, the beast tossed him and his boat high into the air. Then it opened its mouth to swallow both. As the man sailed head over heels, he cried out, “Oh my God! Help me!”

At once the ferocious attack scene froze in place, and the atheist hung in midair, a booming voice came down from the clouds, “I thought you didn’t believe in me?”

“Come on God, give me a break,” the man pleaded. “I didn’t believe in the Loch Ness Monster either.” - from the book of Francis Kong – ONE DAY AT A TIME

3 comments:

  1. even some christians tend to forget God especially in times of happiness and abundance...great lesson of the story is we should remember God all the times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all those who call on God believes in Him. On Christmas, I always greet people "Merry Christmas." If it is their right to practice atheism, then it is my right to live my life as a Christian, and that includes proclaiming Him to all--including atheist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hai... juz dropping by.. nice blog u got here.. :))

    ReplyDelete