Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Journey……

Holy week is here….. throng of people are making headway to see loved ones who they only see on days like this…or just take a breathing … away from the fast facing, exciting or maybe mundane life… a time alone with the family or friends for fun and fellowship…a time of bonding for those we care for, or just a time alone with our Maker reflecting and communicating… what ever reason we each have… it is a holiday and however we make use of it, its for our personal benefit and enrichment, spiritually or otherwise….

Thirty one years ago this week, a dream had changed the direction of my life. Just like any Holy week time, I came home to my family in Libungan, Cotabato as time of school is over. One of my teachers had asked me to join the “Passion of the Cross” and to carry the cross for the different stations which I did. But before the last station, somebody came and told me that my father needed me right away, and him not knowing what I was doing. An obedient son, I came home not finishing the tasked...

Nevertheless that night, I did dream of the continuation of my day, starting where I left off and off to the little church that we had in Nicaan, Libungan. As a young church goer, I seldom go inside the church but normally linger outside listening to sermon, this time the last seven words.

While leaning on the church door….closing my eyes, bowing and listening intently to the message that was played on the radio for live simulcast of the mass… someone or somebody tapped my shoulder and whispered… “Why don’t you go inside…? There are a lot of benches empty”, to which I replied “I’m okay here as it’s a bit hot and humid inside.” Again, the second time I was tapped and heard, “there’s more room inside…do come in.” Losing my concentration and a bit annoyed, snapped back “why don’t you go inside and just leave me alone, I’m okay.” A second or two passed, I felt the soft touch on my shoulder, with a tender and understanding voice echoed in my ear. “Son, its okay, but it would be nice for you to sit down inside and listen.”

Irked and annoyed, disturbed by the intrusion as I wanted to be left alone in my contemplation. I opened my eyes, bowing in the same position, turned my back, and first saw the feet in sandals, looking up slowly in a disgusting manner to someone who is disturbing my peace, I saw the white “white abito”…. “Uh -uh… it’s a priest”.

Changing to my sorry face, looking apologetic, I looked up… and what I saw, just freak me out and I started screaming!!

I saw a bright shinning face… not blinding but calm and soothing, a Face that seem to understand what I am and who I am. And come to think of it… it wasn’t scary but the light had the peaceful aura that envelops my being…… and that started my journey …the search for the meaning of my dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment